Today I want to wave a special hello to a great country. Hello Indonesia! You have a great country full of interesting people and places! Amongst the reasons I like Indonesia …
1. I like archipelagos! So many islands, and every island is unique in their own special way.
2. Indonesia has the greatest national motto ever: “Bhinneka Tunggal Ika” which means Unity in Diversity. Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity coexist there. Other countries: please take notes.
3. Sumatra is an island in Indonesia, and “Sumatra” is my favorite coffee at Starbucks. When I drink a Sumatra I am tasting a little bit of your soil. So, dark and rich, so bold and flavorful … and well, JUST GREAT!!!
4. I love my “Java” – and that is yet another Indonesian island!
5. Bali has a lot of great tourist areas to visit. (Too many to describe here, see the link.) Bali dancers are great, and I would love to see some of the Hindu temples there.
7. I also love the JKT48. I would also like to share this song by the JKT48. They the AKB sister group in Jakarta. One of my favorite AKB48 songs is “Baby, Baby, Baby” — and so here is the JKT48 version. The video is a nice “mash up” of different performances, and you even get some lyrics in the Indonesian dialect!
I wish I was there. So much to see and learn! My world traveling days are over, so I regret I will not be able to see you in person.
But come here Indonesia, give your Uncle Denny a big hug …