It is that time of year again! Time to compile useless “Top Ten Lists” for events of the past year. Although I created my WordPress account in November of 2013, I was not active until April 2014. So, I’ve had a good year of “blogging”. I’ve also had a good year of reading other bloggers posts. It has led me to the following conclusion: There are many more people out there who are really a lot better at this than I am. I had hoped that creating a blog would help me “write more gooder.” … but I digress as usual.
This top-ten list will be for my posts which have had the greatest number of social network “shares”. At the end of my posts I have the share buttons, so my readers (and those that want to beat me up) can forward these to social media like Twitter or Facebook.
Personally, I would not get caught dead on Facebook. I hate it. I had an account years ago, but I was banned for making jokes about Zooey Deschannel. I do not miss Facebook. Don’t mind me though, if you use it, good for you.
Also, I have no idea why on Earth people use “Twitter” so much. I am of the opinion that NO ONE HAS EVER, EVER SAID ANYTHING INTERESTING ON TWITTER. If you like it, good for you, tweet away. I too had a Twitter account albeit briefly. That is some pretty dull and mindless stuff on there which I do not want to know. I once subscribed to a Blue Jay, but all of its tweets were about birdseed. Pretty dull stuff, so I much prefer reading the blogs from my coterie of friends here on WP.
So … this list from my STATS page, is the “Top Ten Most Shared on Social Media”. I cannot say that it is my “best” at all — that will be a latter post! If you missed any, now is your chance!
1. Who’s That Pokémon? AKB48 Labrador dreams, and some clarifications from Professor Neil deGrasse Tyson — linked here.
2. I (HEART) you Mayuyu ! – linked here.
3. There are not a lot of songs about volcanoes! – linked here.
4. “She has a smooth face, because she thinks smooth thoughts.” – linked here.
5. Is Hanako Oku gay? – linked here.
6. Pokémon Nicknames: Girafarig – linked here.
7. Hanako Oku and the Books Never Written – linked here.
8. Finally, someone on Jpopsuki posted “Sakura no Ki ni Narou” with POLISH SUBTITLES!!! – linked here.
9. What I look like when I watch AKB48 music videos – linked here.
10. Hanako Oku “Tegami” Music Video — linked here.
The list above is NOT what I feel is my best work, in fact, I am a little embarrassed by some now. You all know how blogging can be. Sometime you put your heart and soul into a particular post, but never get any reaction or any discussion. Sometimes when I am composing a humor post, I am sitting there cracking up, thinking – people are going to laugh their pants off when they see this. Then I hear crickets. Sometimes there is a song that has touched my heart, and I just have to share it.
Other times when I do not put a lot of time or thought into a post, and maybe just post a photo – and then that will get hundreds of views and shares. Oddly, my Hanako Oku posts get very few views, but they are shared a lot. There were a lot of Oku shares that did not make this top-ten list, but she must be my most frequently shared topic. My “Pokemon Nickname” posts get hundreds of views, but almost never any comments, likes or shares.