Would you like to make your next trip to the grocery store just that much more interesting?
Download this song to your cell phone music player! (If you want, I can even buy you the song, and send it to you.) The song is “Book End Bossa” by the Japanese electronica-pop group Round Table featuring Nino. This song is from their great 2003 album “April” which plumbed various musical styles of the 1970s. If you are looking for something in the Shibuya-kei genre, I highly recommend it.
Anime fans will recognize this song as the interlude and “walking around town” music from the groundbreaking anime series “Chobits” (2002). Chi and Hideki would go out shopping for Hideki’s “Yummis” etc. to this music. I got to thinking that this would be great for the grocery store.
The song is in the bossa nova style, and it is one of the band’s more unique tunes. Notice that although the song is by a Japanese pop group, there is no Japanese language. There is only the “ba-ba-ba-ba-da-ba ba ba” which is understandable in any language.
Here’s what you do:
1. Load the song in your phone.
2. Make sure that you have good headphones (this is key).
3. Make sure you have a shopping cart with smooth wheels (also very important).
4. Go to the grocery store (does not work at Wal-Mart or HomeDepot)
5. Cruise up and down the isles. When the song gets to the Vox organ part you will feel as if you are in a romantic comedy movie montage – trust me!
Hope you have a good time at the grocery store. Hopefully you will be inspired to check out more of Round Table featuring Nino, as well as the wonderful “Chobits” anime series. Even Netflix has it on streaming!
This starlight took more than 10 years to reach my world!