My blogging year in review Part II: Posts I had fun with!
I will continue to toot-my-own-horn here and offer up another “Top Ten” list today! I have made more than 150 posts this year. I will share a selection of my favorites. If you are a recent follower, then you get a chance to see some of my earlier posts!
1. One of my first posts on WP was “Koi Suru Conspiracy Theory” linked here. Looking back, I realized that I made a lot of technical mistakes. Good thing I only had five followers at the time, and three of those were merchants.
2. I enjoyed writing about my favorite musical performer Hanako Oku in “What Happens in Hanako Oku’s Music Video for “Fuyuhanabi” linked here. I wasn’t trying to be funny here. Oddly, it is the only one of my Hanako Oku posts that was not “tweeted” by anyone!
3. I had the most fun writing “My Mouse Is Very Happy Now” linked here. Unfortunately after I posted it, it was like tumbleweeds. I think that this is because the music videos for it are only on Jpopsuki, instead of YouTube. Jpopsuki has very long loading times so I think some readers gave up. Some things I want to share are just not on YouTube.
4. I loved writing about Watarirouka Hasiritai, even though even my friends can’t understand why I adore the squeaky ones so much. I knew that few would take my “straight” review of their DVD seriously, so I tried to make a “mash up” of sorts. What if the late British author Anthony Burgess wrote the review for me? Hence, my post “Anthony Burgess Reviews My Watarirouka Hashiritai Farewell Concert DVD” linked here. I was trying to be like an English major and become all “literate” … using the voice of one of his characters — but my readers probably just thought: Denny you are one weird dude : (
5. I do like a good mash-up. However I am not sure if my younger readers know who Dean Martin was however, and what his celebrity roasts were. Perhaps I am of the wrong generation to make “Roasting Yuko Oshima’s Butt” linked here. This is an example of how I would probably have to explain the jokes to you. I have the cultural references of an aging baby-boomer.
6. My blogs on Pokémon have been fun! For example “Fujin and Raijin and Pokemon” linked here. I know that many readers are not Pokemon players, however I try to make my Pokémon posts interesting enough that you do not have to play Pokémon video games to enjoy the humor. I often digress far off topic on the “Pokemon Nickname” posts.
7. Sometimes I write what I think was a pretty good sardonic article about a music video, then RECORD INDUSTRY WEASELS remove the video! A good example is “My Grandfatherly Advice for the Young Miss Mako Kojima” linked here. My attempt at humor would not make sense if you cannot see what happens in the video. Dang it! I hated to lose that clip. DANG IT! DANG IT!! DANG IT!!!
8. The reason I started this blog was because I wanted to write about the AKB48 song: “Sakura no ki ni narou – I will become a cherry tree (a graduation song)” linked here. I had to start a blog, because whenever I tried to talk about it with my friends, they would always say — GET AWAY FROM ME MAN! Unfortunately, all but the lowest quality video clip was removed (by you-know-who). I encourage you to still watch the low-res version. It seems funny now, but I was choking up when I wrote that article, as I thought the song was so beautiful.
9. My first ever post! I didn’t know what I was doing! … and another one that had the YouTube clip removed by RIWs was “The Little Great One” linked here. I loved that video of the end-credits of “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time”. I put related links at the end of the post however. I do not know Hanako Oku from last Tuesday, but there is no one that touches my (musical) heart like her. I could write a Top-Ten just about her videos. She is my raison d’etre.
10. You would not believe how many views my post “Kodoku na Hoshizora” by AKB48: Is it “art” … or do I just have a dirty mind?” has gotten. Again, the music video is on Jpopsuki, not YouTube. You should see the disgusting Google “search terms” I see on my Stats page for this post — linked here. It is a great kimono video, well worth the load time. It has always been one of my favorite AKB48 music videos. Why do perverts want to see this so much?
I guess that is TEN … but you are correct. I did not include a KIMONO post! I have been encouraged by all the “Likes” that my “Kimonos on Monday” series of posts have received this year. Thank you readers! I hope to keep the kimonos coming in 2015. So to leave off, here is the lovely Yuko Oshima in one of her own kimono designs. Sorry about the “derp” face photo above … but you know that I love you Yuko : )
on December 14, 2014